It’s been almost 4 & 1/2 months of blogging and I have to say it is one of the best things in life that I have achieved, way more than what I could have ever dreamed of. It’s such a thrill and a joy to take pictures and blog everyday. On top of that, it has been a real wonder and an amazement to meet so many lovely people all over the world. Friends, you have made my life richer, more meaningful and more exciting.
I really want to use this blog post to thank lots and lots of people, including you. I want to thank and appreciate everyone very much for:
- Visiting my blog whether to check out or just to drool over the pictures…..hehe
- Trying out my recipes whether for home or for business
- Leaving comments to compliment me or share with me your cooking journey, your favourite food, your style of cooking, your advice and suggestions etc.
- Keeping in touch with me through emails, FaceBook, Twitter and FoodBuzz or even phone calls to support me, encourage me and being my friend.
- Giving me the opportunity to be guest blogger which is such an honour
- Giving me the honour to review report which is again another honour
- Voting for me on FoodBuzz. To date, I have been voted 9 times into the Top 9 of FoodBuzz, namely for:
Dry Noodles With Char Siu Chicken And Vegetables
Healthy, Humble, Sweet Potatoes
Keep Smiling Sesame Balls
Carrot, Apple And Beet Juice For Health
Hand-pulled Noodles And Char Siu Chicken Soup
Making Hand-pulled Noodles
Tofu Mixed Vegetables Dish
Tiger Prawns In Butter Sauce
- Giving me lovely blogging awards.
These lovely awards, shown on my side bar, were given to me by some of the best food bloggers on the net, named below. I really appreciate them for their helpfulness, kindness and friendship that makes my blogging experiences such a thrill, a fun and an excitement. When I first received my first awards from Malaysian Delicacies in August, just about 2 months into my blogging, I was so thrilled and yet so stressed up because I did not know what to do with them! When I received more this month, I was over the moon with utmost joy knowing that my work is being appreciated and recognised. I was very happy too that finally I knew how to put them at my side bar with the links to their blogs.
Here I would like to present the 2 lovely awards above to the following 7 food blogger friends who truly deserve them. This is definitely not the final list. There are still many more who deserve these lovely awards. I hope to come out with another list soon.
- Divina at http://www.sense-serendipity.blogspot.com
Divina is really my buddy in food blogging. She has been there early in my blogging journey, giving me lots of support and encouragement through her consistent comments and sharing. We share many things in common, especially about healthy food and healthy eating. She is from the Philippines and is a professional cook, holistic nutritionist, amateur photographer, expectant traveller, aspiring food/nutrition writer, culinary/nutrition instructor and cookbook author (and many others). She’s a very lovely friend. She has many awesome, healthy soups on her blog. She’s excellent in food photography. Her pictures just make you want to eat every dish.
- Sanjana at http://korasoi.blogspot.com
Sanjana from UK has a very lovely vegetarian food blog, mainly Indian food. I just fall in love with all the lovely dishes there each time I visit her blog. She is a college student and I am very impressed how she balances her time between her studies and running such an awesome blog. I really hope more teenagers and college or university students will start food blogs like her. She really makes great use of her time to invest into her life and to bless others.
- Malaysian Delicacies at http://malaysiandelicacies.blogspot.com
A Malaysian food blog that presents the flavours of Indian, Malay and Chinese cuisines. Malaysia is a multi racial country and boasts itself of an endless array of mouth-watering cuisines. I am trying to catch up as much as possible. I miss a lot of Malaysian food because they are not easily available in UK, especially in Scotland. It’s always lovely to drop by her blog to know more about Malaysian food.
- Janis at http://www.bitemenewengland.blogspot.com
Janis is from the States and runs a lovely blog. She cooks all the time and sometimes takes up challenges to cook food out of her comfort zone, like cooking a Korean meal for her friends. My blood pressure would have shot sky high in her situation! I love that type of zeal in her. I love all the meals that she prepares for her family and friends.
- Penny at http://jeroxie.com/addiction
Penny is a Singaporean staying in Melbourne, Australia. She is no doubt one that loves food. I think I have never met another person who is so passionate about food. She loves, eats, talks and breathes about FOOD! She’s always trying her hands on making food and trying out new food. Ever heard of bacon jam? She made that! Her blog is full of awesome, mouth-watering food.
- Rochelle at http://acquiredflavor.blogspot.com
Rochelle is from Canada. She is definitely not one that I would mess around when comes to computer stuff. She has been messing with computers since she was 3 and video gaming since she was 4(Commodore64 Frogger was the best ever). She likes food, cooking, photography, technology, gaming, music, art, culture and spending time with her wonderful husband and son. She cooks lovely food and always loves to try out new food, including Malaysian food from my blog!
- Kristy at http://kristygourmet.blogspot.com
Kristy is from Malaysia. She is just such an awesome cook and a very lovely foodie friend. She ever cooked a 10 course-meal for 5 tables! That’s phenomenal. She really should run a restaurant. I think everyone would love to be her neighbour. She said I probably won’t stay as her neighbour, I’ll most likely just move into her house!…LOL. She seems to be good in all types of food. Her blog is full of mouth-watering food with well-shown steps.
Please visit these 7 blogs mentioned above. It would be so lovely if you can leave comments on their blogs to let them know what you think about their blogs and what you would like to see more from them. That will bring lots of encouragement to them. Do feel free to make friend with them. They are very lovely people.
And here, I’m supposed to tell 7 things about myself. In brief, here it goes:
- I love creative things….way too much I think. Sometimes I thought my brain will give off smoke for thinking so much. My greatest, most fulfilling achievement was making puppets for my children’s church for use in the children’s camps. I also love painting and of course cooking.
- I place a lot of importance on healthy eating and healthy life style. I would love to be a vegetarian but need some meat! I believe in home-cooked meals for better health. My best drink is freshly made carrot-apple juice. My masticating juicer is my best friend in the kitchen.
- I love playing badminton. It’s a game I look forward to all the time. My goal is to play as long as I can run and my eyes can see the shuttlecock! Just never ever ask me to go walking or jogging for exercise. I will suffer from stress of boredom! My greatest achievement was walking up the beautiful, rocky Lochnagar in Scotland, 1155m high, which took about 7 hours to go up and back to base. I thought my legs would drop off! My next dream would be Mount Kinabalu in Sabah, East Malaysia.
- I believe that everyone should keep learning and keep smiling because it helps to make life happier and more meaningful. There’s tremendous potential in everyone to do something great. Life will have no chance to be bored when we are always looking out for something to learn and be thankful and smile in all situations. Living life with a purpose is exciting.
- I love music which is very relaxing especially when the mind is overworked and tired. I learned to play guitar many, mnay years ago and often sing to entertain myself, but definitely not good enough to enter Britain’s Got Talent. I’ll most likely be buzzed immediately by all the 3 judges!
- I would love to keep dogs or cats in the house but only if their fur don’t drop at all! I suppose they need to be completely shaved or waxed then! Imagine how they would look…hmmm.
- Finally, I love MacDonalds, Starbucks and Costa. I just love to have a cup of hot coffee there with some chips or cakes and enjoy chatting or reading. It’s just so relaxing. I have made my children agreed that these are the only places that I would love to go if they want to spend time with me, and not elaborate, big meals. I think I might as well start one myself…hehe
And if you would like to know more about me, please go to my About page and you will know me in greater detail.
Please share, add and comment in the comment box below.
Other blogging articles that you may be interested:
Top 8 Important Characteristics Of A Food Blog
Top 10 Benefits Of Food Blogging
Top 11 Reasons Why Blogging Is Beneficial For Everyone
Top 10 Reasons People Read Your Food Blog
My First Blog Post - My Dream Come True
My Blogging Journey (Part 1 - How I Got It Started)
My Blogging Journey (Part 2 - Content Is King)
Quote of the day……
‘Life has no limitations, except the ones you make.‘