Lately I heard of another few people, my friend’s friends, who are diagnosed with CANCER. As I sat and tried to recall my many friends who had suffered from various cancer, there are 24 of them! Sadly, 20 of them eventually died a very painful death not too long after diagnosis despite all the latest cancer treatments. That’s really heart-breaking. Only 4 still survive. Out of these 4, I know of 2 who are on a very strict diet that incorporates a lot of juices, home grown vegetables and fruits and no meat into their diet. On top of that they live a healthy lifestyle. One of them had third stage colon cancer and is now at least 10 years since diagnosis. The other one suffered from aggressive lymphatic cancer that has already spread throughout her whole body but looks very healthy now….already coming 7 years after diagnosis.
For both of my surviving friends above, they place great emphasis on juices, home grown vegetables and fruits. From my own experience, juices had helped my family to move from poor health to better health to good health. We have been taking juices for more than 10 years. My family love juices. We drink it on empty stomachs in the morning, before we eat any other food. In this way, it is quickly adsorbed into the cells for all rebuilding and regeneration purposes. The most common juice that I make is carrot-apple juice but I also make other types of juices. I will be sharing more about the different juices in the coming weeks on top of all the delicious, healthier home cooked meals.
Another of my favourite is Carrot, Apple And Beet Juice. This juice is not only delicious but it’s very beautiful in colour. Some important facts about juicing to take note here:
- Carrot juice is the number one juice in our diet. It contains a lot of vitamins and minerals. It also contains calcium and magnesium, which helps to maintain the intestinal walls and helps to strengthen bones and teeth. Carrot juice acts as a cleanser to the liver.
- Beets are very cleansing to the body and help to cleanse and tone the blood as well as cleanse the kidneys. A couple of ounces of beet juice at one time is good enough. It’s best to juice it with other vegetables.
- Apples are the only fruits that can be mixed with vegetables. Vegetables and fruit juices do not combine well and should not be mixed.
- The body can only assimilate 8 oz of juice at one time, so don’t over do. Wait for one hour before drinking another glass if you need or want to.
- Always drink on an empty stomach.
- Always strain juice before drinking. I strongly recommend the masticating juicer for juicing. It’s a great investment for your health. It’s the most important kitchen gadget in my kitchen. I have been using it all these years. It gives the highest quality juice.
Here’s the Carrot, Beet and Apple Juice that I often make. I only use 2 fairly big carrots, a red apple and a small beet root. If you use organic vegetables, wash it clean, cut into smaller pieces before juicing. Otherwise you have to peel the skin. Juice it and drink it immediately. It tastes fabulous. Nothing can be compared to freshly made juice. It’s so refreshing and so satisfying.
We all know that health is very important but too often it is pushed down the list when life gets too busy. I hope this post and other upcoming posts on juicing and healthy eating will benefit many. Juicing is the first step to good health. A lot of my friends have bought the masticating juicer, like the one I use, and have enjoyed drinking freshly made juices. I hope you will give a try.
Have you ever made a list of people you know that suffer from cancer or other incurable diseases? What is their diet like? Do you drink freshly made juices? Do you make it yourself? What type of juicer are you using? Do you notice any health benefits from drinking freshly made juices? Please share, add or comment in the comment box below.
Other juicing articles that you may be interested in:
Carrot-Apple Juice - What A Wonderful Drink!
Simple Cure Through The Power Of Carrot-Apple Juice
6 Great Health Benefits Of Carrot-Apple Juice
The Best Juicer For Health
Quote of the day……
‘Negative people seldom persist.’